About Our Chapter
The Upstate New York chapter of the Socialist Rifle Association covers all of upstate New York (anywhere north of the lower Hudson Valley). We have members spread throughout the state so chances are there’s comrades in your area. We chose a federated model for our chapter due to the wide, often rural, geographic area that we cover and have to deal with the oppressive and arbitrary gun control laws in the state of New York. We have plans to purchase land as a chapter and create a chapter gun range. We also have committees that deal in mutual aid, disaster preparedness, and firearms/range safety.
We have branches set up throughout the state to facilitate organization as New York is a large geographic area. They’re suggestions but not strict boundaries.
- Capital District – counties : Albany, Columbia, Greene, Warren, Washington, Saratoga, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Schoharie, Montgomery, Fulton
- Hudson Valley (upper and mid) – counties : Sullivan, Ulster, Dutchess, Orange
- Central – counties : Cortland, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, Steuben, Schuyler, Chemung, Tompkins, Tioga, Chenango, Broome, Delaware, Wayne, Ontario, Yates, Seneca, Otsego
- Western – counties : Niagara, Erie, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Allegany, Orleans, Genesee, Wyoming, Monroe, Livingston
- North – counties : Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida, Herkimer, St. Lawrence, Hamilton, Franklin, Clinton, Essex